Boards of Canada

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Midnight Star: Midas Touch Colonel Abrams Trapped (Hell Interface aka Boards of Canada Remix)




Midnight Star: Midas Touch Colonel Abrams Trapped (Hell Interface aka Boards of Canada Remix)

Click here to listen Midas Touch
Midnight Star: Midas Touch (Hell Interface Remix) (Unreleased Tracks 2007) (MASK 500 2007 Skam) err.....in case you don't know I err kind of 'worship' Marcus and Michael Sandison aka Boards of Canada. One of their side projects was "Hell Interface" which surfaced a few years ago with bootleg remixes of Midas Touch and Trapped by Colonel Abrams. It makes me giggle when I think of these uber-cool reclusive, enigmatic IDM giants of Warp remixing 80's dance music! I think they did a good job. btw good luck in getting this on vinyl peeps, even I couldn't get it without spending a small fortune!!

Colonel Abrams: Trapped (Hell Interface Remix aka Boards of Canada) (Unreleased Tracks 2007) (MASK500 1997) I liked the original version of this track from back in the day, and as a matter of fact M.S. Six used a looped sample of Trapped in the "In The Jungle Remix" on Absolute 2. I thought Boards of Canada's remix was more in their style, a little more grainy with a that trademark retro BoC sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment